Monday, August 18, 2008

Black Dragon Pool Revisited

Interviews are still going well--though we have to compete with the rain for the Lijiang Elders' time.

I visited Black Dragon Pool again, this time more knowledgeable about its water source. There are several springs where the water pools up out from the mountain. Bowls relax along the rocks, for thirsty passerby to quench their thirst. People come to fill their bottles with the free water.

I drank some of the water... very delicious! And I don't think I've gotten sick from it, yet...








And--here is another picture from our daily interviews. These women were willing to talk to us. There are songs about the water that Naxi people sing... though they were reluctant to sing them for me. I don't blame them-- I'd be embarrassed too!

No comments: